Monday, January 15, 2007

A new start for Omniblog

After some teething troubles with the technical set-up of the last blog we are back and in rude health on the new Blogger platform!

For those who saw the old blog, welcome back! I'll be transferring some of the old posts across and updating a lot more regularly now that things are fully functional.

For any newcomers, welcome to the Omniblog. Things are a little sparse at the moment but I'll be rectifying that as quickly as I can. In the meantime if you're not familiar with Omni a good place to start is the 'about us' section on the righthand side.

In terms of an introduction the following from the old blog probably sums things up best:

My name is James and I will be doing the majority of the blogging here. I work for Omni and have done for the last couple of years. My job title is probably Account Manager but my job description tends to be a bit fluid; most recently I've been reading a lot of blogs, running the office football team and putting up the Christmas decorations. When all that quietens down though I'm responsible for the day-to-day management of one of Omni's accounts, Allied Irish Bank (GB).

My goal with this blog is to offer a real insight into how things work around here. I will also undoubtedly be ranting on about various related recruitment and HR issues (as well as a variety of unrelated issues if I can get away with it). There'll also be the odd chipping in by our PR bods, but i promise they're not as square as they sound and I'll limit their input to the purely factual; this isn't an ad blog!

Other than that it's up to any readers out there to determine this blogs direction. If there is something you want to talk about, mail me and I'll bring it up. No topics off limits (hope I don't regret saying that) and nothing too big or small for me to wax lyrical on!

So for the second time in a few weeks, off we go!

No comments: