Monday, March 19, 2007

Do you blog?

Any fellow bloggers out there? Then this link from Kathy Sierra is an absolute must-read. It's from a presentation she gave (man I'd love to have gone to that talk) based around Hugh MacLeod's Global Microbrand idea, which is a theory I subscribe to wholeheartedly.

To my mind it's no coincidence that the likes of Jason Calacanis, Robert Scoble, Seth Godin, Tara Hunt et al follow all of the above without even thinking. The debate about A-listers, access to readers etc keeps popping up in one form or another. Yet when all is said and done the guys 'at the top' all write well, have interesting content and respect their readership. Not to say others don't (narrowly avoided opening that can of worms there!) but it seems to me like a very good place to start for a newbie like me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree

Anonymous said...

I don't blog, sorry

Anonymous said...

In answer to your question, 'do you blog?', Im afraid the answer is no!
To be honest, I wouldnt know where to start with writing a blog especially if it is from a personal angle. I am aware that it is a rising phenomenon, but I think it is a band wagon that I will not be jumping on!